Last updated 29 April 2019, 1:56:58 PM
At nymi privacy is of the highest concern. Our aim is to be as open and transparent as possible about any information collected through the use of “cookies” when you visit our website.
This policy explains what cookies are and how we use them. It also explains the different types of cookies we use, and how you can change or delete them.
We review this Policy regularly. Occasionally we may need to make changes or additions to this Policy that may affect how we handle your data. We will indicate on this page when the Policy has last changed, so please refer to nymi.com/privacy for the latest version of this Policy.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are text fles containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to an alternative website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
You may confgure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please note, however, that disabling some cookies might affect your online experience and/or prevent you from taking full advantage of our site and some of its functionality. If you choose to restrict cookies, you will have to provide certain information each time you visit our website and reset your preferences.
Advantages of Cookies
Cookies allow you to navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and extensively improving the user experience. Cookies also help to ensure that adverts viewed online are relevant to you and tailored to your interests.
The advantages of cookies for you, as a user, are:
- Cookies can be deleted by the visitor.
- Cookies can be blocked by changing browser setting.
- Cookies cannot carry any threat to the visitor’s device.
A list of all the cookies used on our website/online service by category is set out below.
- for keeping track of the items stored in a customer's online shopping basket
- for recognising users whenever they visit our website (this speeds up their access to the website as they do not have to log in each time)
- for obtaining information about our website users' preferences, online movements and use of the internet
- for carrying out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content
- for carrying out research and statistical analysis to help improve our products
- to help us better understand our visitor and/or customer requirements and interests
- to target our marketing and advertising more effectively by providing interest based advertisements that are personalised to our website users' interests
- to target our partners’ marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest based advertisements that are personalised to our website user's interests
- for making our website users' online experience more efficient and enjoyable
The Cookies We Use and for How Long We Use Them
We use the following types of cookies:
- Session Cookies (Non-Persistent Cookies): these are the cookies which exist only while the user is on a particular website. These cookies are deleted once the user exits the web page. We keep this cookie: during the session only or 1 year whichever is earlier.
- Third Party Cookies: our website also allows third parties to download cookies to your device. These cookies are kept: during the session only or 2 years whichever is earlier.
Our Notice to You
Changing Cookie Preferences
You can always change your cookie preferences or delete cookies altogether as discussed below.
Browser settings allow you to choose whether or not to accept cookies or limit certain cookies. You may wish to refer to this guide for information on commonly used browsers. Please be aware that if cookies are disabled, not all features of the site may operate as intended.
Your mobile operating system may let you opt out from having your information collected or used for interestbased advertising on mobile devices. You should refer to the instructions provided by your mobile device’s manufacturer, but this functionality is usually available in the “Settings” section of your device. You can also stop us from collecting information through our applications by uninstalling our applications.
If you have any questions in relation to this Cookies Policy please contact us at:
- Job Title: Office Manager
- Address: 82 Peter Street, Suite 500, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 1 416 977 3042